life is always about the journey...

Monday, April 28, 2014

A Hairy Situation!!!



Hi friends!  I have a super crazy week going on with doctors appointments, lunch dates and birthday stuff...for myself this time though.  I told the kids that when you get older you either get to:  A-forget about your birthday or B-get a weeklong birthday LOL...its our prerogative at this point right?  And then I get to follow it up with Mother's Day..hehehe...oh yeah with teens in the house I use it when I can.

I'm getting my hair done this week too...I'm not a fan of sitting in a hairdresser's chair...yup I'm weird like that.  I put it off until my roots are a foot long...no lie LOL!  I am super sensitive to strong chemical smells and I don't sit "well" for very long so its like 2 strikes against me in a salon.  But I haven't had my hair done since November and its time.  Plus I have to get my license renewed this week so I want my picture to look somewhat decent since it will be with me for the next 7 years.

For those of you that bought the Living Proof hair products (this post)...thanks for messaging me and letting me know that you love them as much as me.  Makes me feel better since I now know they are MAGIC IN A BOTTLE lol!

********
I have 2 hair tools that I am loving as well...you know I have the hair from hell as I posted in this post here.  So when I find something that works well I'm always amazed that its actually doing something for me ;)  So of course I will share with you if you haven't seen or tried them yet...and some of you may be thinking I'm wayyyy behind  too.



My newest fun hair tool is a curling wand.  I've been using a curling iron since 6th grade when my sister gave me a purple one for Christmas.  I don't like change. So I resisted the wands.  But Alexa got one this past Christmas and I saw what it did to her hair, which is exactly like my hair so I thought I'd try one out.  This Remington Silk Ceramic Wand came with GREAT reviews and a LOW price...worth a try for $21.  OMGosh I love it...it gives my hair body and the curls stay all day and the next too.  I had a wee bit of trouble wrapping my hair at first but after a couple of days I got the hang of it.  This wand comes with a heat glove in case you burn your fingertips a lot...I used it once but haven't since.


This was taken at the beach in SC so my hair has a wee bit of frizz going on but you can see the curls..my hair is usually PIN straight. But these curls stayed nice for 2 days without doing much. I love that...less time I have to spend on my hair the better.  And it helped give my hair some body which is ALWAYS helpful.

**********


Olivia Garden: Ceramic+Ion Supreme Combo Brush

I would love to own a Mason Pearson 100% boar brush...but at $150+ I'm just not gonna pull that plug yet KWIM?  So I went on a research mission to find a brush that did similar good things and had great reviews from people of all hair types.  And I came up with this Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion brush (its got boar bristles too) because my hair tangles easily and when I brush it out it can FLY all over like a hair-halo...but mine is not a pretty halo type.  Static does not look good on my head people...just sayin'.
OMGOSH I LOVE IT!  It detangles my hair easily, no static and it just looks smoother after brushing it out.  And best part is it is under $30 buckaroos my friends.

*******

John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze Clear Shine, 6.5 oz, 2 pk

And last but not least is another little trick ole' Suzanne keeps in her hair-arsenal.  This is not a new trick I just found, but something I have been using since it came out about 2 years ago.  Because I don't like to get my hair colored often this helps keep me out of the salon chair for about 5-6 months.  YESSS I only get my hair done 2-3 times a year...its true...its how I roll.
So anywho, you put this clear shine gloss by John Frieda on and its safe for all hair types and hair colors and it makes your hair color look better, brighter, smoother and glossier.  WIN WIN WIN WIN!  And its cheap too!  You get 2 packs for under $15 :)  If you haven't tried it you can thank me later...trust me it really makes your hair BETTER!  I..no..lie.

WHAT'S YOUR BEST HAIR TOOL/SOLUTION?
SHARE WITH ME...I NEED TO KNOW!!!



Share:

1 comment

  1. I don't like having my hair done either - I hate looking at myself in the mirror!!
    But I have my hair permanently straightened - like the opposite of a perm - which I love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig